This Bundt cake is moist, tender, and so delicious! It has dark chocolate chunks and chopped pecans folded into the banana cake batter, and once out of the oven it’s topped with everybody’s favorite- cream cheese icing.
Banana Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Chips and Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon diamond crystal kosher salt
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3-4 very ripe bananas (should equal about 1 3/4 cups of mashed banana)
- 1 cup of buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a Bundt pan (or 2 loaf pans) by buttering and flouring.
2. Mix dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Make sure to scrape down the bowl and the paddle a few times during this process.
4. Add the remaining ingredients. (And scrape the bowl often!) Add the eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating after each one. Then add the mashed banana and mix to fully incorporate.
Next add the dry ingredients gradually to avoid flour flying everywhere. Once it is just incorporated, add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Finally, fold the chocolate and pecans into the batter.
5. Dollop the batter around the Bundt pan, tap the pan on the counter a few times to eliminate air bubbles, and smooth the top. Place in the preheated oven for 60- 65 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 mins then turn the cake out onto a cooling rack
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and the milk and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
To make it pourable, as I did for my Bundt cake, heat in the microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring after each time until you get your desired consistency